Catching the wind in Morecambe
Posted by More Music on 26 June 2020
The sweep of Morecambe Bay and the panorama of the Lakeland hills have always provided a stunning backdrop for More Music’s Catch the Wind Kite Festival. Even though we won’t be there with the festival this year, we hope you will all still be able to fly your kites this summer.
Here’s our top ten benefits of kite flying:
1. Spend time outdoors in the fresh air
2. Social distancing is essential for kite flying
3. Your kite flying will be filled with fun and laughter
4. Kite flying is relaxing and a great stress reliever
5. Connect to nature, the sky and your surroundings
6. Stretching and exercise are especially good for the neck and shoulders
7. A break from the screen – focusing on your kite and its colours in the distance helps your eyes adjust from looking at screens
8. Promoting mindfulness, and by focusing on kite flying you use different areas of your brain
9. Develop your problem-solving skills and creative thinking by adapting to changes in the wind or even making your own kite
10. Take a trip down memory lane by sharing your kite flying stories from the past
Catch the Wind Kite Festival has been a firm family favourite over the years. It has included magical displays of wonderful and colourful kites from professional kite flyers as well as music stages featuring a wide range of music styles, street performances, traditional fair-ground rides and arts and craft activities.
We’d love to hear about your previous times at the festival so please share your stories and photos with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.